Recipe: Indian Curry Pizza
Ingredients for the pizza base
High quality Italian pizza flour
About 400 ml
Ingredients for the sauce
Agave syrup or sugar
Ingredients for the toppings
Curry sauce (see sauce recipe below)
Vegan mozzarella cheese
Fresh chestnut mushrooms
Canned pineapple chunks
Preparing the base
- Prepare the wet mixture by first making a purée of the cooked beetroot in a measuring cup then add water until you reach 700 ml. Add the yeast, olive oil and salt to the mixture and give it a good stir.
- Take a large mixing bowl and little by little add flour and the wet mixture to the bowl until you have used everything. Make the dough into one big ball and leave it to rest covered by a wet tea cloth for about 15 minutes on the counter.
- After about 15 minutes divide the dough into batches of 325 grams and start forming dough balls, this is a very important process as this will ensure you will end up with a round pizza.
- Place the dough balls uncovered in a box in the fridge for about 24 hours, then put a lid on the box. Leave them covered for another day or 2.
Preparing the sauce
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan and bring it to its boiling point.
- When its boiling lower the heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minute to let all the flavours mix.
- Bring it back to room temperature and it is ready for use.
Topping and baking your pizza
- Take the dough you prepared earlier out of the fridge about 2 hours before use and let it get to room temperature.
- When it is at room temperature, open the dough by shaping it into a flat base with your hands and sauce the base with the Indian curry sauce.
- Top the sauced base with the vegan cheese, mushrooms, pineapple, red onions and the almond shavings.
- Put the pizza in the oven for about 6/7 minutes on the highest possible temperature of your oven. Top it with fresh arugula when taken out of the oven and you are all set to enjoy this amazing pizza.